Monday, November 19, 2007

Parted.. Departed...


Once upon a time two random people met quite randomly. But when they met they clicked well and clung together as if they were randomly chosen to meet. Strangers become friends, friends grow strong into best friends... but then how long can a guy and girl live as best friends. Either they have to part or be a part of one another.

Marriage... it is always complicated. Starting from getting married, to staying married and even parting later, whether you have to or you choose to. Friendship doesn’t have any cultural, social, religious or racial barriers. But marriage is all about mixing and matching, perhaps matching and then mixing. Love can do wonders, as they say it makes you blind, bind and even sprouts new hopes out of no where. But wait till you get down from the heavens to the real world, when you have to think with your head and not heart.

So the random strangers, after the exciting honey moon period of the new relation, it is time for them to rationalize and call the new found relation a familiar name. How about calling it couples, but can a conservative catholic and a born-again new age Christian spirit unite under holy matrimony in an old fashioned catholic church, with the church bells ringing in harmony in the background. Seems they thought they can, but really?

They went on for a while hoping some miracle would happen and perhaps love is strong enough to overcome the social and religious differential. He thought she will bend and blend in, letting catholic love cool off her anti catholic spiritual extremes. But when he felt the hanging relation will end up in someone hanging, they had to either part for good or be good and unite. The pressure was on the girl, and how mean.. there are only two answers she can give, aye or nay. So far she some how managed to escape every time the topic came up, but it is time for decision making now!

She is confused, just like all women are when they have to decide something which affects them. But this time he is determined to end her confusion. So they decide to go for a drive. May be the poor guy thought that a few minutes of peaceful drive can end her confusion since several months! It is a late evening and they stopped by the deserted beach. He rolled the window down letting in the cold breeze, which hardly had any effect on the boiling and bubbling lava deep down his heart. After a long pause filled with deadly silence, he threw in the big question.. "So?"

She stared into the dark and deep ocean for a while and said "I don’t know.. hmm.. you can decide whatever you want, I will never complain". What does that mean, no body knows. Baffled, he said "It is not about what I can or want to do, I want to know what you want, whether you want me, can accept me as I am, and join me to build our family...." he went on, the same old thing which he has been asking again and again. She cut in the lecture and said "for me my Jesus is the most important thing in my life, I can’t think about coming back to catholic church, it is so lifeless". Dumbstruck he asked "If you asked me who is the most important person in my life, I would have answered - you! If you were so sure about this and... don’t say Jesus, but your rebellious religious ideology is more important to you than me, why.. oh why did we do this? Do you even love me?? Or, do you know what love is? Was I just one of you favorite toys which you are getting bored with... " he continued exploding with a bleeding heart.

As she broke into tears, her tears felt like acid on his skin. It burnt deep and he couldn’t stand it any more, it was hurting him more than her. He calmed down and they both sat there gazing into the darkness with heavy hearts. Every second went like an hour, he felt that his heart has swollen and is going to choke the lungs. It was one of those deadly moments, when every breath you take feels painful; every drop of saliva that you swallow goes down like a needle. Dramatic moments went by; the evening sea breeze helped them cool down, but failed to heal the deep wounds. They decide to part, and hopefully stay as good friends as they used to be.

Suddenly he felt cold metal on his ear. A black guy with gun pressed to his ear, yelled to give his wallet. She was at driver seat and he asked her to push the gas pedal all the way down and steer away. As they raced away, the thug shot twice into the car. She frantically sped into the main road and continued going. He said he is ok and made sure she is fine. They kept on driving for a while and as they got back to their senses she heard him repeating something muffled. His eyes were closed and was sitting back pressed against the seat. She figured out that he was uttering "I love you... love you...". She asked whether he is ok, but he kept repeating those words. She pulled over to the side of the road. Shook to wake him up but he collapsed onto her. Shockingly she realized that the whole seat was wet.. and wet by his warm blood. He was shot in the back. "Oh my god" she cried at the top of her voice "why did you do this to me, why you didn’t tell me...."... he whispered some how... "it is harder to live without you"... and fell into her arms.


If I live every moment
Won’t change any moment
You're still a part of me
I will never regret you
Still the memory of you
Marks everything I do, oh
You’re still a part of everything I do
You’re on my heart just like a tattoo
Just like a tattoo
I’ll always have you
I’ll always have you....

Labels:

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do u really think she'd survive that loss?
M sure the way he loved her, he'd know that she wouldn't make it without him

Thu Nov 29, 12:29:00 AM 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet she loved u more than anyone and anything. Just that Jesus was so important to her and she just wanted to let you know the depth of her dilemma. Why it was so hard

Thu Nov 29, 12:33:00 AM 2007  
Anonymous Shruthi said...

To be able to Love someone like that is in itself so divine or miraculous..
She surely missed someone like you..
Almost everyone on the earth just crave for a person who would love them truly for life !
I agree you should never regret as ...
Your love of, the feeling of loving her to an extent you hold her beyond yourself is the greatest achievement of your life !

I feel that true love of yours for her as both greatest test and greatest reward !

Tue Oct 02, 11:18:00 AM 2012  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A man proposed to his lover saying I want to marry you as you seem interesting to me
of course he is rejected..
His proposal was very weak...

Then she proposed to him...
I know you are weak inside .. you do not have the power to love the way I do.. you fear how your future would be with me .. we fight with each other and you see our differences.. you think ...will I be happy with her..
I know everything about you... and
the reality is
I want all of you along with what I said about you.. because I love you and I cannot picture my life without you.

being practical ...being passionate....

I know its very hard.. we believe being practical is the right way... but being practical also means running away
Our mind is beautiful... it acts as a simulator.. why do we have night mares? our mind creates an environment of our fears to make us realize how we feel...
But we do not understand the beauty of it totally...
We think ok being practical means avoiding those situations...

But real reason for our mind to put us through that is to make us ready to face those fears in reality...
Not to run away from it..

If I love you passionately I want to take all of you.. forgetting about my fears.. willing to do anything not to lose you.
I know its a long life.. things change.. but if there is a situation when my fear about letting go of something I believe in creeps in .. and I let you know I cannot do that...
the moment I let you know.. a bigger fear creeps in... fear of losing you.. which is a bigger than what I believe in...
I am sure that will ensure my love for you is always renewed in many ways bringing you more closer to me..making you more precious to me...
Passionate Love never dies..
If your fear is more than your trust in me...
I am the most unfortunate person in this world.. punished by gods..
when I know you will not be with me..
I will let you go... but not without letting you know how I feel about you...
Sure I will be heart broken...
But its better to see you happy somewhere else in this world rather than seeing you hurt with me.. :)
Because I love you...

The man was already on his knees weeping profusely and saying.. I Love you too..

Thu Jul 11, 11:48:00 AM 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its not easy to learn that you have done everything possible to let the person whom you love know, how much you love them, but even though they are kind to you, wants to spend time with you they are never willing to love you the same way back.
It just means its not for you..
Its really simple and straightforward to understand, but you keep looking for 1000 other reasons to prove that wrong for yourself

Mon Aug 26, 04:01:00 AM 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well 1000 reasons does not help...
Only truth stays at the end

Everybody has to die one day
If you think what you want at the end
You realize you at least got a chance to show yourself
To show how much you love
Whatever happens next is not in your control

Yes you did not hear what you wanted to hear ..
you did not become what you wanted to become
But you tried hard

Yes you always think why me?
Never you will be answered too
But one thing very close to your heart is that You truly loved and you can do anything for that special person in your life

If you introspect ..deep down you see how much you love the person
beyond your own desires
and you wish everything good in the universe for them!
and you always want to remember that smile on their face and nothing else

Sun Oct 27, 12:46:00 PM 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it all comes down to one thing and only one thing..

If you truly love a person
Sure you dont want to let them go
You try hard ... hard enough.. with everything what you got..

But when you realize, you trying hard to hold on, is hurting the person whom you love so much

There is nothing more devastating than that..
You swear to God You dont want to be the one making the person whom you love feel bad about themselves ever
Then this feeling of you dont want to be a hurdle in their life..
if not anything..
This is when you say to yourself
Its time to let go
Let them be happy as you know you will always love them

Mon Oct 28, 11:40:00 AM 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think we are meant to understand it all the time. Sometimes we just have to have faith

Mon Dec 02, 10:34:00 AM 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Human brain is a magic box, which nobody can understand.

If you don't love a person enough you won't be able to understand that you are hurting the other person.

If you don't love a person you can't be sensitive to what they feel or think at any point of time

If you don't love a person you can easily hurt them and you won't even realize you did that, because you are not listening to their hearts..

No matter what they explain, it does not make sense to you at all..
you don't feel comfortable believing in them

you understand a person and their feelings only if you are very sensitive about them
If you love them

Pain is all for one who loves knowing all this..
Even when its all screaming on their face
They are so helpless that they cannot do anything but just let all that happen because they are completely in love and their mind is not ready to accept the truth

They also know that accepting the truth or living in denial does not mean anything to anyone else and does not matter to anybody

Human brain ...amazing...
You go on trying to explain how you feel to someone who does not even let you feel the way you want to feel and be comfortable with that.
You get nothing but pain and insult trying to search for something which does not even exist in the first place.

But there is something magical even in that pain that you experience .. you wish to be with them even if you are nothing to them.. you just want to be with them..

its magical about human brain
When you think about what you want at the end..
Your own brain tells you a conflicting fact
You want to picture yourself happy with them
is it ever possible? no
then?
You settle down with another picture in your mind, seeing the person whom you love happy, but without you :)

Thu Jan 16, 10:59:00 AM 2014  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its good to see people whom you love happy, but you still have tears in your eyes that you are not the one who is making them smile.
You are not the one allowed to be a part of their happiness, when all the other people get to be.
They are smiling but they are not smiling at you.
Yes, that is what you miss a lot.

Mon Jan 27, 10:36:00 AM 2014  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In this digital world, probably there are many ways you can contact a person or be in touch.

Nothing is real, everything is virtual...
Sometimes it feels like its just an illusion.

For people who would like to paint the person in their minds, all the things virtual doesn't quite help.

The ability to paint the person in mind just fades away with time.
It feels like you need to put lot of effort painting that picture.
Then you have a question..
What is life? why is this happening.. even though you dont want to let that happen.

Fri May 23, 05:13:00 AM 2014  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you love someone truly and they go away from you
initially its very suffocating,
Later on even a simple response from them, like a hello for your hi or a response for your wishes, makes you feel extremely happy as if you unlocked a treasure..
Even when you come to know that is short lived.. it feels a little sad, but no matter what you feel happy for them and treasure their memory.

Sun Jun 01, 11:01:00 AM 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home