Friday, April 07, 2006

Thursday the 13th


It was a Thursday. I had to go home urgently. So I took a day off and was waiting at the bus stop for the bus to my native. Finally the bus came. Since it is not a weekend, there isn’t much of a rush. During weekends the whole city is there at the stop.

My seat number was 14. I settled down quickly, laid back and closed my eyes in relief. It was a tiresome day, and it is around 9 in the evening. I have another 12 hours of travel to reach home. I felt as if I am falling into a dark deep hole… and slowly the sounds around were fading away.

I felt some pressure on my shoulder and lazily opened my eyes. I was surprised to find a gal dozing on my shoulder. It was couple of minutes past twelve and cold wind was gushing thru the window. I didn’t even know when my co-passenger in seat 13 came. It was a full moon day. I curiously looked at her in the moonlight. She had a very innocent and cute face. She looked like in her early twenties. She was comfortably sleeping on my shoulder, feeling very secure. Suddenly the bus braked and everyone was thrown forward. Involuntarily I pressed her head towards my chest, holding her from hitting on the seat before us.

She woke up, and pulled away from my chest... with a shy smile. I comforted her by assuring it was ok. She thankfully smiled and we started a conversation. She was also working in a software company. We quickly became friends and kept on talking for a while. After a while we decided to go back to sleep. She asked me whether I mind if she put her arm around mine and lie on my shoulder. She was too sweet to even remotely think of denying it.

Cold wind was blowing thru the window. I asked her whether she wants the window to be closed. She said she is enjoying both the coldness of the wind as well as the coziness of my arm. Even I was enjoying the warmth of her body pressed towards my arm. I could even feel her heart thumping on my upper arm. As the wind blew harder, she tightened her arm around mine.

I closed my eyes and excitedly went to sleep. As I was drowsing off, I suddenly felt her soft lips on my cheek. She laughed at my stunned look and cooled down me saying it is just a good night kiss. When I was about to go back to sleep she stopped me asking whether there isn’t one for her. I shyly gave her a flying one. She quetched that there is too much loss in the air. As I drew my lips close to her cheek, she flipped her face and pointed towards her lips, with a naughty smile. Hesitantly, I pressed my lips on her delicate ones… and felt like the whole world came to a stop there… till I came back to my senses when her hot breath impinged on my lips. I backed out and lied back on the seat... and she boldly lied on my chest... hugging me tightly…

Sun was shining so brightly on my face that I couldn’t sleep anymore! My angel wasn’t found any where… she seems to have gone… leaving me alone again in this dreadful world. I bitterly realized that I didn’t have any of her contact details, except the name and the company. Even though I missed her a lot, I thanked her in mind for the wondrous night. As my stop came I descended. At home, while sipping the coffee, my eyes were caught on one of the newspapers under the glass top sofa table. It had news about a bus accident on last week, in the route I just came. I hastily read the write up and one of the names of the deceased struck me like a lightning. I quickly checked the photos of the dead and almost screamed in awe when I saw her.

I wish to believe it was just a dream... or perhaps a kiss by an angel...?! But the warmth and softness of her kiss still linger on my lips.

5 Comments:

Blogger think_free said...

Thanks vic... you got a fantastic blog out there...

Sat Apr 08, 03:01:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Vinutha and Lingaraj said...

Oops!! What a ending !! Now i have doubts, if u really r in the human world ... ha ha ha !!

Wed Aug 09, 01:34:00 AM 2006  
Blogger think_free said...

It is easy to start anything, but ending it well is very tough ;)

Mon Aug 14, 11:36:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Shruthi said...

They say
All the things one has forgotten scream for help in dreams!
So I guess you love to dream :) Oh I love to..
Dreaming you never know, for just that one moment, whether it is reality or fantasy and you have got this idea well portrayed
I loved this.. whoever reads this will feel like living in this dream.. :) Except for the ending part !
I loved this part.. to feel every small details of the kiss ..
"Hesitantly, I pressed my lips on her delicate ones… and felt like the whole world came to a stop there… till I came back to my senses when her hot breath impinged on my lips"! keep writing like this please :)

Tue Oct 02, 11:49:00 AM 2012  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dreaming like this is dangerous...
If you stay in that dream for a long time, then dream will become your reality and your survival in the real world will become a dream...
then you will not know when you are dreaming..
When you are made to realize that you were dreaming... you will not be able to face the reality

Thu Jul 11, 10:39:00 AM 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home