Monday, August 14, 2006

313


"Room 313, Sir".
"Thank You", I took the key and walked towards the lift.

The hotel was old and undergoing a renovation. The flight is late and this is the only one I could find to spend the night. A deserted hotel, in a deserted place. The room was in the third floor. Most of the lights in the hallway weren't working. Finally I found my room, and pulled in the luggage. The room was still kinda dark even after switching on all the lights. Had a quick shower and all I wanted was to crash. They had a king size bed and it was plush, big and comfy.

Work, work, work! What a tiring week. I went to the store and bought a case of lager beer. It is the weekend and I thought of enjoying the night. Couple of movies in a row, and I forgot the count of beer bottles which got emptied. Every time I wanted a sip, I had a bottle handy. Night crawled in, and I don’t even remember what all movies I saw. Some where scary, some were quixotic, some exotic and some even erotic.

Night started crawling in long back. I looked through the window; all I could see is thick woods. It is past 3 am. Read somewhere that Friday night 3 am is the time when the evil reaches the peak of its strength. Jesus is supposed to have died at 3 am on a Friday night. So naturally the power of darkness should be at peak when the light is off. The night is already feeling creepy and I felt like creeping onto the bed.

I slipped into the blanket and switched off the last light. The moonlight flooded in through the window blinds. I felt like I am sleeping in a cemetery. The air conditioner suddenly got on with a scary sound. The air is getting heavier. I pulled the blanket over my face and tightly closed my eyes. Did I hear a sound? A sound from under the bed? Did I hear someone scratching under the bed? A muffled cry for help? My eyes are getting heavy; and my breath too. I am falling into a dark hole, I am falling...!

The sound from under the bed got louder. It sounded like a girl. She is hitting and scratching under the bed frantically. She ripped apart a side of the box under the mattress and came out. I am too afraid to open my eyes. After a while it got completely silent in the room. The air got humid and warm. I started to sweat. I opened my eyes slowly and was shocked to see someone sitting on the recliner. She was pretty and seemed like a 30 year old Mexican. She was dressed like the hotel housekeeper. She smiled at me. The moonlight made her look like an angel. Suddenly she started to sob. I rolled out of the bed. She signaled me not to switch on the light.

I sat on the bed baffled. I asked her whether I can help her with anything. She hushed me to be quiet. "Something to drink?" I asked again. She abruptly turned her head and gazed at me. Her eyes were sparkling. An evil smile spread on her lips. She came over to me and said, "may be.... may be... hmm... I'm thirsty". All I could offer her was some beer. Before I could say something, she pushed me into the bed with an immense force. She was very quick and powerful, and I hit my head on the headboard. Next thing I remember is that I was lying on my back and both my legs and hands were stretched and tied to the bed. The blanket was thrown in the floor. I was tied down with bath towels. She was standing before the bed, and was laughing aloud. She climbed on to the bed and started crawling over me. I was wearing only shorts.

The warmth of her lips on my navel gave me shudders. The pretty Hispanic lady crawling on me excited me, but it was equally frightening. Her lips moved upwards and rested on mine. Pressing them onto mine, she whispered, "wont you give me company, I was so lonely there all these months... since I was raped and killed…". Her hair was all over my face and my lips were all in hers. Next moment she started to bite my lower lip. Her teeth were going deep into it and I was merely lying there helpless. I started praying, with all my belief, to deliver me from evil. Her teeth kept going deeper and I couldn’t even scream. Was she about to suck my blood? Or is she an alien and gonna stick her tongue into me? All kind of strange thoughts flashed before me. Suddenly I felt more light coming through the window blinds. I also heard a sound, irritating and was getting louder and louder.

The sound is too loud and is no more bearable. I shook my head and opened my eyes. The room is too bright and my head is so heavy. The alarm is ringing aloud and I slammed on it. I am not tied down anymore and the towels or the maid is no where to be seen. I noticed that the blanket is still on the floor. I rolled out of the bed and went to the wash basin. As I poured water over my face, I noticed that my lower lip is swollen. Hmm, it has teeth marks too! Perhaps I might have been too drunk yesterday night… and even might have bit myself! Or?

4 Comments:

Blogger Vinutha and Lingaraj said...

Female ghosts seem to have an affinity towards you! Look Out !! ha ha ha

Thu Aug 17, 09:14:00 PM 2006  
Blogger think_free said...

lol, good one ;)

Fri Aug 18, 08:05:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous Shruthi said...

This one is real freaky :)
the evil ghost of your dream, lol :)
It is strange that... we sometimes seem to derive pleasure out of animal love :) what they call it..
Good job ha...

When I read the above I remembered the following section of such violent love from Ayn Rand's Atlas shrugged...

people criticized this.. But I guess before criticizing everyone loved it :)

"What I feel for you is contempt. But it's nothing, compared to the contempt I feel for myself. I don't love you. I've never loved anyone. I wanted you from the first moment I saw you. I wanted you as one wants a whore - for the same reason and purpose. I spent two years damning myself, because I thought you were above a desire of this kind. You're not. You're as vile an animal as I am. I should loathe my discovering it. I don't. Yesterday, I would have killed anyone who'd tell me that you were capable of doing what I've had you do. Today, I would give my life not to let it be otherwise. Not to have you be anything but the bitch you are. All the greatness that I saw in you - I would not take it in exchange for the obscenity of your talent at an animal's sensation of pleasure. We were two great beings, you and I, proud of our strength, weren't we? Well this is all that's left of us - and I want no self-deception about it.”

Tue Oct 02, 12:19:00 PM 2012  
Anonymous Shruthi said...

To explain the above section from Atlas shrugged in case you haven't read it...

Hank and Dagny are the two characters in the instance described above...

What is said is by Hank ..as he feels the guilt of failing the societal moral code of having such violent experience with Dagny previous night...
The writing not only shows the cruelness in his speech but Hank's passion.. love and how he holds Dagny greater than his life...
the way Ayn Rand has brought this two conflicting concepts together is amazing!
One side love for Dagny, otherside how difficult it is breaking from societal code .. and his guilt for doing it..

Later to this section Dagny takes the pride in it as opposed to guilt of Hank..

Tue Oct 02, 01:15:00 PM 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home